How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6867
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

MY son just closed on a house in Bow Nh on Thursday. They moved

Customer Question

MY son just closed on a house in Bow Nh on Thursday. They moved in Sunday. They had a problem with the lack of water yesterday so they called a "well" man. He came out and told them they needed a new well (12,000 dollars) and the yard ( newly landscaped) would have to be all dug up. Do they have any recourse with the contractor or the house inspector?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
They do indeed have a claim based on breach of contract. They were retained for this very reason and failed to confirm and notify of the problem. If seller made any misrepresentations or warranties, he may look to seller for contribution too. Having a lawyer pursue all three on contingency may make sense and prompt settlement. is a good resource. Kindly let me know if acceptable.