How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 56867
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a sailboat from a guy 6 years agobasically he financed

Customer Question

I bought a sailboat from a guy 6 years ago
basically he financed the boat with a down
payment - we agreed to his price 78,000
paid several payment to keep the boat from getting repo
give him the down payment and have been making the payments
I was notified yesterday he took procession of the boat
due to me not paying the 2015 taxes - yes i am behind on the
taxes for this year - but everything else is current
When i do the math the boat was paid off in may of 2015
what can i do - just walk away from 80,000 dollar investment?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
are you able to become current on balance?are you seeking to do so? get money back? are you asking for options to pursue a claim?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The balance is currentI want to file a claim on the boat with the US Coast Guard to prevent this guy from
screwing me out of my boat and moneyThere was no notice - he had a capt come in and take the boat yesterday
with my personal belongings and 15,000.00 worth of gear. It seems he has stolen
my personal property
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
You may do so. You may also consider a police report. Consider also a lawyer demand letter and filing a civil lawsuit seeking damages and an injunction plus award of costs and legal fees. is a good resource.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
Kindly let me know if that is acceptable and if I may clarify anything.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
Please select a positive rating.feel free to ask any follow up you may have too.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions