Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

We just found out that com ed has mistakenly charged a neighbor

Customer Question

We just found out that com ed has mistakenly charged a neighbor on our meter and we have paid hers for years. We were told that we owe for the difference. This could get into thousands of dollars. Do we have any recourse?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: You could negotiate with the company to reduce the amount of the difference since the company made the error and you did pay the bills that you thought were yours. If the company refuses to negotiate, you can file complaint with Public Utility Commission. The commission's contact information is on your bill.