How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

So I bought a digital product online. It turns out, the website

Customer Question

So I bought a digital product online. It turns out, the website is a scam company that sells empty products - well I didn't know at the time.
Fortunately, I purchased through paypal and opened up a dispute. Since paypal doesn't cover intangible, digital items, I lose the dispute by default.
I went to my bank and reversed the transaction (they make you claim it was an unauthorized purchase). I expect the company or paypal to fight the bank's claim since the real dispute was over the fake digital product. So when I lose this:
What other steps can I take to get my money back?
Thanks in advance?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
This is a tough one. Unfortunately it is very difficult to get money back from these criminals.You can make a police report for the theft with your local police department (however, there is also a federal reporting system for internet crime operated by the FBI: can file a small claims case against the criminals for breach of contract, but enforcing your claim is going to be hard (they are often extraordinarily difficult (or impossible) to find, so I do not recommend spending a lot of your time, money, or resources pursuing a claim).For information on filing a small claims suit in Florida, see: