Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I had a phone with Verizon telling me the cost will be around

Customer Question
$200 per month but had...
I had a phone with Verizon telling me the cost will be around $200 per month but had two bills at $1000 and one for $700 I had closed my account and have been paying them $200 per month for the last 3 months they say I still owe them the original $1011 and after calling me 3 times a day they have sent it to a collections agency which will not give me any information because they have the wrong sin number
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
7/22/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. If you had service promised at $200 and they charged you more than agreed upon in your contract they were in breach of the contract. If you closed your account and have paid them the money each month, yet they claimed you still owe them, your next step is filing a complaint with the local consumer protection agency. Most times the consumer protection agency can resolve these disputes involving unfair and deceptive practices. If the consumer protection agency cannot resolve your dispute, then you would need to file suit against Verizon for breach of the contract and unfair practices for selling you and telling you it was $200 and charging you more.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer