Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

My car was totaled and the insurance company made me an

Customer Question
offer based on comparables they...
My car was totaled and the insurance company made me an offer based on comparables they found. But the mileage deduction they are using to adjust the value of my car compared with their comparables is much higher than what Kelley Blue Book uses. The insurance
company is claiming Kelley Blue Book doesn't reflect actual deduction and it is based on car dealerships. I am not convinced with their logic! What are my options?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/21/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
How much is the difference in dollars between their offer and your expected amount?
$4k total, $2k for mileage and $2k because their comparables are on the lower end of the market. I sent them comparables I found myself that are several thousands higher than theirs.
Have you considered negotiating and meeting in the middle?
I would meet them in the middle, but they are playing hard.
Suggest moving in $500 increments. If they refuse, consider complaint to the insurance dept. or involving a lawyer/adjuster in negotiating.
Please let me know if the answer is acceptable. Good luck!
Infolawyer, Lawyer