How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 36989
Experience:  Attorney,16 years experience in consumer protection areas
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I put a lien on a vehicle due too someone who owe me mon

Customer Question

hello, how do I put a lien on a vehicle due too someone who owe me monies. I was working for someone doing mechanic work. I still have his service truck due too he will not give me my last pay check of 900.00. I live in TN
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is Barrister and I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can..In a situation like this, you would first have to file a small claims suit against the person and get a judgment against them for the money that they owed you. After that, you could enforce the judgment by garnishing wages, seizing bank accounts, liening real estate, and having the sheriff seize and levy on any assets of the person or business to sell them, like the truck..Your other option is to file a formal "wage and hour complaint" with the TN Department of Labor and Workforce Development Division of Labor Standards. The Division will attempt to assist you in resolving the issue with your employer and can put pressure on the employer to pay you your wages without having to go to court first...thanksBarrister

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions