Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My dad had emergency surgery 6 months ago. He has insurance

Customer Question

My dad had emergency surgery 6 months ago. He has insurance through work, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. We live in California. All his claims are being denied by California Blue Shield saying he does not have an active insurance policy and we are asked to verify the ID number. BCBS of Michigan confirms that he has an active insurance policy, and that his ID number is, in fact, active and valid. Because his bills are not being paid by the insurance, he will be sent to a collection agency soon. I have worked with the BCBS of Michigan, California, and the benefits people at his job for six months, and no one seems to be able to fix it or figure out what the problem is. Can a lawyer help with something like this?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My phone number:(###) ###-####
Expert:  stevewlaw replied 2 years ago.
It sounds to me as if the medical bills have been submitted by the providers to,the wrong blue cross entity, I.e., CA and not MI. I would ask BCBS of MI if they have a record of the bills/claims being submitted. Then go from there. If they have record of receiving the bills, then why haven't they been paid? I would be happy to discuss further by phone sometime tomorrow if you like. Best, steve