How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 102162
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On July 2014 I was in a car accident. I had been taking my

Customer Question

On July 2014 I was in a car accident. I had been taking my car to the dealer about my brakes. They were not fixing my brakes right. This happened over and over again. I even took to outside company who wrote a paper stating what was wrong with my brakes. I ended up having an accident and told the insurance company the problem I was having with my brakes they went out and checked and found that the fluid in my brakes was not brake fluid.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. What exactly are you asking? For example:
1) How do I find an attorney?
2) What kind of case would this be?
Or both, or something else, etc?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need to find a lawyer who is not interested in personal injury but what the put in my brakes.
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.
You may have been looking in the wrong place, or under the wrong area of law. This is not personal injury. Someone in your situation wants to find counsel in TORT or CIVIL LITIGATION, specifically. May I recommend the CA Bar referral program - here. The attorneys are vetted and qualified. You should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP.
Herein, this may be a cause of action for: negligence, fraud, and other common law and statutory actions - all torts.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions