How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 117438
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I worked trucking company and i just found out that the

Customer Question

i worked for a trucking company and i just found out that the company still owns me money $480.00 dollars i call on july 3 and ask what was going, why there was a $300.00 was taking out of my check?and a 185.00 also taking out. Tony the person i was talking to didn't know so i told tony i would call wednesday the 8 of july i tried calling all day it was bussy, are the mail box was full on all three phone numbers they i have i call on the 9 of july still no answers tony will not answer my calls i feel they own me the money . i wont go in all the details. I taged up with one of my family and that where it started . the one i tag up with she was the one that told them not to pay me. i need help to prove that it was my co-driver that took the money and sign my name to get the 300.00 im asking for help are put me in the right directs
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they owe you money and they are not paying you, then your only remaining option in this type of situation is you can file suit against them in small claims court for breach of contract or failure to pay wages if you were an actual employee and not a 1099 employee. If you were a regular employee not a 1099, you could sue for up to 3 times the wages due you and you can do so in small claims without an attorney. If you were a 1099, you can only sue for the money they owe you and nothing more.
If you sue and they prove that they paid this family member what you were due, then you would have to amend your suit to include your family member and serve them and seek to get the judgment against them in the small claims court case.
Suing though is your only option if the company will not pay you what they owe you.