Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in PA & NJ, Experienced attorney.
18572087

First I won $2,000 travel voucher at work. Wanted to book

Customer Question

First I won $2,000 travel voucher at work. Wanted to book a Norwegian cruise , hotel and flight. Had a special offer come across my e-mail had the travel agent call to book it. The agent said it was no longer available. I called and booked the trip.
Called travel agent she went in and secured the bundle trip. I called cruise line revived a receipt with the bundle listed.
July 1st I call and pay for the balance directly with my card. Had some issues spoke to several supervisors. I wanted a receipt. They said I could not have one because it was booked through the agent. Finally got a transfer number and a receipt from travel agent. I also verified in a conversation with Wendy a supervisor that my flight would be handled by Norwegian 60 days prior to departure date.
Tonight I hear from the travel agent that I have to pay another $2,000 for flights. I called Norwegian who said they made a mistake in the booking and that they would not honor the flight.
Do I have any legal rights?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. If I may ask, at least so far, did you pay anything out of pocket?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes the second portion of the total invoice about $2200
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I paid via American Expresson July 1st that complex paid for the trip . Now they say air is not included
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Completely
Hi, And this was part of the description that was provided to you. And this was provided by the travel agent, and not them directly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No cruise line provided the description the travel agent confirmed with them before the first payment was made,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The detail of air hotel and cruise are on the itinerary / invoices sent. Both the first and second payment
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On Norwegian letter head
Hi, In that situation check the language under which you purchased those tickets. See if air fare was included and also check for a 'choice of law' clause. This is the language that states that if any disputes arise, which state would govern as far as arbitration or cause of action. If nothing is listed, contact your state Attorney General's office and speak with their consumer protection division. Request that they help investigate and pursue them for 'bait and switch' tactics and for deceptive sales practices. Sincerely, ***** *****