How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 5615
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney experienced in consumer protection law.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a judgement against me in 2011. I found out when I applied

Customer Question

I had a judgement against me in 2011. I found out when I applied for a home loan that it wasn't Satisfied. I contacted the creditor in February with little response. I got an attorneyand found out the remaining balance due, My attorney sent a letter with the accompanying check requesting a Satisfaction to be filed. The creditor will not cash my check. I sent my documents to the credit bureau and they marked it as satisfied. What are my options to get it Satisfied through the court system?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for submitting your question today. My name is John. I have over 13 years of legal and consulting experience in this area. I’m happy to assist you with your question today.
If the creditor will not voluntarily file a satisfaction of judgment then you'd have to file a motion in the court in which the judgment was entered to have a satisfaction of judgment entered. It's not at all clear to me why they will not accept payment and file a satisfaction voluntarily but you can via a motion have the court enter it as satisfied.
I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers; otherwise the website just keeps your payment and doesn’t credit me at all. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.
Expert:  John replied 2 years ago.
I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions