Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Oklahoma Contracts: I signed a siding installation contract…

Customer Question
Oklahoma Contracts: I signed...
Oklahoma Contracts: I signed a siding installation contract on Wednesday pm (after 5 pm) and sent a fax to the company on Sunday pm to cancel the contract. They received my fax Monday morning, but they are telling me Saturday is considered a business day, so I am bound by the contract. Is Saturday considered a business day when you sign a contract??
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
7/1/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, under OK laws, "business days" are defined as any day except Sundays or Holidays. This definition is used throughout the OK statutes (for example, 59 OS 2001). Also, the Federal Trade Commission says specifically, "Saturday is a business day." See: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0176-protections-home-purchases-cooling-rule