How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 33424
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Great Seneca financial corp has a judgment on me from a first

Customer Question

Great Seneca financial corp has a judgment on me from a first usa bank I need it removed because I have Parkinson diseas from agent orange in Vietnam I need to update my home but have to have it removed before I get the loan I have called 6 different collection agencys and they all said it has been closed so I don't know what else to do do you have any ideas
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.Are you trying to pay the amount of the judgment and can't find out who to pay it to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I would like to make a deal on a lesser amount if anyone still has it
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
What I'd suggest you do is hire an asset locater service or a private investigator to find them. You could hire an attorney to do it but it would be much more expensive and yield the same results. They will go through the corporate paperwork, find officers, and then start running people down from there. If you can't find them that way then the only ways to clear it would be to 1) let the judgment expire on its own terms, which is usually 7 or 10 years from when it was entered, or 2) pay the full amount of the judgment into the registry of the court and ask the court to issue a "Satisfaction of Judgment" on the amount. That would mean it is no longer owed and at that point whether they do or do not ever get it is out of your hands.