Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I've been paying debt past two years, the i lost

Customer Question

Hello I've been paying debt for the past two years, the i lost my job , and stop paying, few months later Smith Debnam went and get a judgement behind me in other to auction my property to recover their money.Based on advice from the court, I was able to file a motion for Exempt Property in other to protect my valuable properties. Now I'm back with this Law firm paying every month, and I was to they charge me 8% interest and also 0.0825% interest everyday, to me It's like I will never finished paying unless i have a big chunk of money which i do not.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you considered filing for bankruptcy to eliminate this debt (since in a bankruptcy the same exempt property you claimed would still be considered exempt)?
What is your specific question about this matter for us?