Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Can a car manufacturer refuse to sell me a fender on my car?

Customer Question

can a car manufacturer refuse to sell me a fender on my car? or force me to use one of their approved body shops even if the car is out of warranty? Bentley has forced all it's dealers to agree not to sell weld on fenders to independent repair shops-if the dealers don't go along with the bentley program then they won't even sell the fenders to the dealer-also they punish the dealer for not going along
what do you think?
thanks,
mark
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hello, they cannot do so. It's incompetitive and antitrust violative.
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!
martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.
A settlement may follow, reserving right to litigate otherwise.