How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 33555
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been scammed by American cash awards. How can I get

Customer Question

I have been scammed by American cash awards. How can I get help? I have fallen for their trap and have sent over 15,000.00 is there any way I recoup this money?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. It is very hard to recover money from scammers, especially ones like this who have a huge operation. The last I heard they were running the scam from another country, I think it was Jamaica, or at least using people with Jamaican accents. The first thing to do is report the scam to the local police, the FBI, and to Occasionally they manage to catch someone doing this and then you can be included in the court's order of restitution.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
If you wire transferred money to them sometimes the bank can reverse the wire transfer, but they usually have you send the money via MoneyGram/Western Union, Green Dot Card, Money Pak, or some other method where it can't be reversed.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions