Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I bought a auto on line grandson wired the money 24

Customer Question
I bought a auto...
I bought a auto on line for my grandson wired the money 24 hrs. as requested the problem comes in that the girl at the bank added a 0 and now the auto dealer has an extra 24,000 of my money and has made excuses of why they have not sent it back like not calling back,not in the office and the checks in the mail,which it wasn't the auto was deliverd and the title I need to know what to do next---also it was states away
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/26/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: Since your bank made the mistake in wiring the wrong amount, the bank is the one that needs to get the money back from the dealership. Usually, this would be done with correspondence from wiring bank (“your bank”) to the bank the money was wired to—the money would be taken back from the account of the dealership and forwarded back to the wiring bank. If the bank cannot get the money back, the bank must refund the excess funds to you. The bank has this obligation under Article 4A of the Uniform Commercial Code to resolve this issue for you or put back the excess funds in your account. So, you need to go to your bank to resolve this issue.
is this true even though I signed the transfer order
Response: Yes.