Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can a repossession order be carried out on a vehicle at a place…

Customer Question
Can a repossession order be...
Can a repossession order be carried out on a vehicle at a place of business where the vehicle is being held on a mechanics lien?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/26/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Dimitry Esquire, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Hello and thank you for your question. Please permit me to respond to your concerns. To answer directly, 'yes', a vehicle can be repossessed from a business holding it on a mechanic's lien. If the vehicle is sold, then the payout will occur based on the state laws of "First in Time, First in Right" pertaining to lien priority. Typically mechanic's liens are paid out first, then other creditors upon the sale of the item. Sincerely, ***** *****