How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 12366
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son bought a used car from a use car dealership. He paid

Customer Question

My son bought a used car from a use car dealership. He paid cash and trade in for it two months ago. The dealer so far failed to provide us with a title to register the car. They have been jerking us around with all kinds of lies. What can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have an answer for my question. What's going on???
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions. A title and registration is implicit when you guy a vehicle. Accordingly, if the seller refuses to voluntarily give the title and registration, then your son will need to sue the seller for breach of contract and ask for his money back. Depending on how much your son paid, he may be able to sue in small claims court. The small claims limit in Georgia is $15,000. Accordingly, if you son paid less, then he can sue in small claims court and would not likely need an attorney, since the case seems rather cut and dried. Your son would need to prove to the judge that he paid for the car, and then allege that he hasn't received a title or registration. Unless the seller can somehow prove that he did provide a title and registration, then your son would win. Here is what I would do if I were your son. I would visit the small claims court clerk to get the forms to sue, then I would fill out the forms and make a copy. Then I would include a copy with a letter to the seller in which I would threaten that if I do not receive the title within 7 days, then I will file the lawsuit as attached. The seller will then hopefully realize that your son means business, and will take care of this problem in order to avoid a lawsuit.Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.