Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My old employer lost the claim when they tried to take me to…

Customer Question
My old employer lost the...
My old employer lost the claim when they tried to take me to Court in Federal District Court of Colorado (and I'm in California) , and now they are trying to file the claim with the District Court of Denver of Colorado. Which Rules can I use to vacate the Claim?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/24/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 3 years ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Thank you for your question.
I need a little more information.
Was the first case decided on the merits or was it dismissed for lack of jurisdiction?
Are both cases based on the same claim or claims?
Order ID: 15388553-917
it was dismissed for lack of jurisdiction.
They filed the same claim with the elimination of Settlement Breach as it was governed under California Law.
Thanks.
So why was I being charged if you haven't even provided any answers to my question? Is there a new rule with Just Answer now? It's quite un acceptable.
As far as I know there is no charge unless you accept an answer.
Why are they suing in Colorado if you live in California?
They're claiming they had intentionally interferred during their Bankruptcy filing (which they're incorporated in Colorado) with a business operation based out of California.
BTW, the charges came through my credit card early this morning for $25.00 already.
Sorry, they claimed that "I" had made attempts to interfering their bankruptcy filing.
Relist: Other.
No answers were given and been charged for the fees already.
I am not here 24/7.
Was the BK filed in Colorado?
What do they claim that you did to "interfere"?
BK filed in Colorado.
They claimed that I have had "stalled" their final bankruptcy filing by assisting one of the creditors from China.
Did you do anything in Colorado?
I'm not clear on why they think Colorado has jurisdiction over you.
I need a refund.
Consumer Protection Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 2 years ago
If you won the federal case for lack of jurisdiction, you should be able to do the same with the current case.
Please do not assume that I know what happened. If Colorado lacks personal jurisdiction, you can have an attorney there make a special appearance to quash the summons.
Please tell me if that does not answer your question, or if you want to provide more details.