How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6825
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My old employer lost the claim when they tried to take me to

Customer Question

My old employer lost the claim when they tried to take me to Court in Federal District Court of Colorado (and I'm in California) , and now they are trying to file the claim with the District Court of Denver of Colorado. Which Rules can I use to vacate the Claim?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
I need a little more information.
Was the first case decided on the merits or was it dismissed for lack of jurisdiction?
Are both cases based on the same claim or claims?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Order ID: 15388553-917
it was dismissed for lack of jurisdiction.
They filed the same claim with the elimination of Settlement Breach as it was governed under California Law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So why was I being charged if you haven't even provided any answers to my question? Is there a new rule with Just Answer now? It's quite un acceptable.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 years ago.
As far as I know there is no charge unless you accept an answer.
Why are they suing in Colorado if you live in California?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They're claiming they had intentionally interferred during their Bankruptcy filing (which they're incorporated in Colorado) with a business operation based out of California.
BTW, the charges came through my credit card early this morning for $25.00 already.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, they claimed that "I" had made attempts to interfering their bankruptcy filing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
No answers were given and been charged for the fees already.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 years ago.
I am not here 24/7.
Was the BK filed in Colorado?
What do they claim that you did to "interfere"?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
BK filed in Colorado.
They claimed that I have had "stalled" their final bankruptcy filing by assisting one of the creditors from China.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 years ago.
Did you do anything in Colorado?
I'm not clear on why they think Colorado has jurisdiction over you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need a refund.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 years ago.
If you won the federal case for lack of jurisdiction, you should be able to do the same with the current case.
Please do not assume that I know what happened. If Colorado lacks personal jurisdiction, you can have an attorney there make a special appearance to quash the summons.
Please tell me if that does not answer your question, or if you want to provide more details.