Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.
18321761

I have got a loan from icashloans and still have not recieved

Customer Question

i have got a loan from icashloans and still have not recieved and i also purchased visa green dot gold cards in the amount of 10,000.00 us dollars
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting with this question.
Unfortunately, it would appear that you've fallen for a loan scam. It is strictly unlawful in the US for a loan company to condition receipt of a loan on the payment of an up-front fee. And no legitimate loan company is going to ask for payment via green dot gold cards.
iCashloans is known to the Better Business Bureau because of complaints about it. On their rating scale from A to F the BBB gave this company an F rating. The company never responded to them.
The address appears to be virtual rather than actual, there are other scam reports about the company on the web.
Every loan company is required to be registered in each state where it does business. So, you can look the loan company up on your Secretary of State's business register and see if it's there. If it's not there, it's a scam. If it is there, you will find the name of the registered agent for the company and he is the one you would serve if you want to sue the company for the return of your money.
Otherwise, it's a job for law enforcement. Report the fraud to the FBI at IC3.gov and to the Federal Trade Commission at FTC.gov. If this is a scam the only way you will get your money back is if law enforcement can find out who and where your scammers really are and bring them to justice.
The Federal Trade Commission has published a circular warning consumers about how to spot a loan scam. Pay close attention to it, so that this can't happen to you again.
http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0078-advance-fee-loans
Apart from that, if you gave this phony loan company sensitive personal information in order to qualify for this loan, please take every precaution against identity theft.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they are registered with BBB ftc
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 years ago.
Yes. I said that. They have an F rating for their failure to cooperate with the BBB. And businesses don't register with the FTC.
This company has engaged in an unlawful act by charging you money up front for a loan you never received. ONLY SCAMMERS DO THAT.
You need to report the fraud to the FBI at IC3.gov and to the Federal Trade Commission, as well as to your local police.
You can sue them for your money back if you can find them.