How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6867
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I gave my contractor a check for $20,000 home project.

Customer Question

I gave my contractor a check for $20,000 for a home project. He put that check into a money market account marked "Lancaster project". He has had his account frozen and subsequently taken by DSHS for child support. He had used less than half of my money and we desperately need MY money returned to finish this project. He presented a letter from me, a copy of the check, and receipts showing materials, etc. for this project.
My husband received a head injury some time ago and then had a stroke 6 weeks later. We moved into our daughter's home and needed a bathroom with shower on the main floor for him. This is part of the project. Help,please. How can they keep the money that is mine?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. I read your facts. The only question I see appears to be a rhetorical one, is there a specific question with which I could assist?