How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6842
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have the following situation. My brother took out a

Customer Question

I have the following situation. My brother took out a personal loan with loan mart. He had used my vehicle a few times and I believe it was one of those times that he took it to this place to take out a loan. The thing is that he did it without my authorization.
The vehicle is legally under my name. I called the DMV and was told that it is a civil law matter. that this place should not have lended him for my vehicle without my authorization. I talked to my brother and he confessed and gave me the pink slip. But it
was already filled out with a signatures (not mine). Now the loan mart place has a hold on my vehicle. I am unable to retrieve a new pink slip without loan mart signing a notarized release. I don't know what to do. My brother is behind on his payment and they
told me that they can reposes my vehicle. I see so unfair and unethical that this was done. I called loan mart and they gave me 5 days to send them an id thft paper and other stuff. If not they are coming for my vehicle. What should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Unfortunately, we can't tell you what you should do. That can only be done by a local attorney with whom you have formed an attorney client relationship.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
However, I can assist with any other specific questions you have.