Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I brought my vehicle in February, and its been in the shop

Customer Question

I brought my vehicle in February, and its been in the shop at least 3 out of the 4 months I've had it. Its a 2007 Lincoln Navigator. Is my vehicle considered a lemon?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question. I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation. In what state did you purchase your used vehicle? Was the vehicle sold with any type of written warranty?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I brought the vehicle in New Jersey. The vehicle was NOT sold "as is". It had a 30 day warranty but the dealership had the vehicle the first 30 days.

Thank you for your follow up.Unfortunately, the lemon law for used vehicle in NJ is very limited and as follows:If a vehicle has 24,000 miles or less, the used car dealer must provide the customer with a warranty for 90 days or 3,000 miles, whichever comes first.If a vehicle has more than 24,000 miles, but less than 60,000 miles, the used car dealer must provide the customer with a warranty lasting 60 days or 2,000 miles, whichever comes first.If a vehicle that has between 60,000 and 100,000 miles, the used car dealer must provide the customer with a warranty for 30 days or 1,000 miles, whichever comes first.So unfortunately, if the time or mileage as explained above, has ran out, the used vehicle would not be eligible for any type of lemon law claim.I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Dear *****,

Do you have any related follow up questions?