Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I got a car from this man and he sold cars but got a lemon.

Customer Question
I had the car for...
I got a car from this man and he sold cars but got a lemon. I had the car for a month and the car cut off and the check engine light stayed on. I gave this man 1000 dollars down but he want give me my money back ; not even half. The car was sold as if and he using this but still the car was not in good shape and he told me the car need Freon in it but took it to firestone and they said that the car had a lot issued that should been address in the first place and I need to sue the owner so I need some answer cause he need to be held account for all the suffering he put me through and I don't have a vehicle to drive. He repo my car on my second payment and told him about the problems but he didn't care and never try to fix it
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/21/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 3 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Hello: This isCustomer I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Response: Eventhough the car was purchased "as is," if there was material misrepresentation during the sale as to the condition of the car, you can sue the seller for the return of the money paid. You can also report the seller to the Better Business Bureau and your Attorney General's Office. Click on the links below to file your complaints:
http://www.bbb.org
http://www.ncdoj.gov/Consumer/2-2-12-File-a-Complaint.aspx
You may consider retaining the services of a local consumer Attorney to send a demand letter to the seller and if necessary file lawsuit against the seller for this unfair and deceptive act and practice. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to sue the seller for unfair and deceptive act and practice to force the seller to refund your money.
You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:
http://www.consumeradvocates.org
http://www.lawyers.com
http://www.justia.com