Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Credit card default judgement trial set /22/15. Plan

Customer Question
credit card default judgement trial...
credit card default judgement trial set for 06/22/15. Plan to show up and rep myself. how should i approach. i have settlements with two other credit card. will the other settlements help me
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/19/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
Generally, a default judgment hearing isn't a trial. If you failed to timely file an answer then the judge may not let you provide any defense at all or even say anything at the hearing.
Was there a specific reason you didn't file an answer?