Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Can a company like Capital One garnish wages with a court…

Customer Question
Can a company like Capital...
Can a company like Capital One garnish wages with a court order from my Bank that is for my husband if it is a LLC? My name is ***** ***** business account. I thought they couldn't touch your business only your personal account.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/18/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
HelloIt can only garnish accounts in a judgment debtor name that directly matches name on account.
Absent a court order it cannot reach to other persons or entities. Kindly let me know if the answer is clear and acceptable.