How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had some dental work done and paid a $1000.00 above my dental

Customer Question

I had some dental work done and paid a $1000.00 above my dental insurance. The check was returned to me, no questions asked. Now I find out the dentist returned the check in error. I since then have used that money. Do I have to repay them?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. I would like to assist you today. Responses may have a short delay for review and research.
Yes, you still owe the money to the dentist, but if you can come up with a reasonable payment plan so that the dentist receives the money in a reasonable period of time they should be willing to accept that as it was their error that created the misunderstanding in the first place.
Make sure that you get any resolution or settlement in writing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank You
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome, and I do wish you the best with this matter.
Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you.
Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.