CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

I had some dental work done and paid a $1000.00 above my dental

Customer Question

I had some dental work done and paid a $1000.00 above my dental insurance. The check was returned to me, no questions asked. Now I find out the dentist returned the check in error. I since then have used that money. Do I have to repay them?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. I would like to assist you today. Responses may have a short delay for review and research.
Yes, you still owe the money to the dentist, but if you can come up with a reasonable payment plan so that the dentist receives the money in a reasonable period of time they should be willing to accept that as it was their error that created the misunderstanding in the first place.
Make sure that you get any resolution or settlement in writing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank You
You are welcome, and I do wish you the best with this matter.
Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you.
Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.
Bill