Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

On or about August 13, 2014, I upgraded my phone at the Verizon…

Customer Question
On or about August 13...
On or about August 13, 2014, I upgraded my phone at the Verizon store. When I got home, the phone indicated that Verizon Wireless had no access in this area. Called the Verizon store where I purchased the phone. The told me to come and they could upgrade me to the "Edge" which would anywhere. I returned home, the phone also registered, I had no access. I called the Verizon store. I was told to buy a MiFi and that would solve everything. I bought a Mifi. I went home the Mifi registered that I lived in a non-accessible area. I went back to the Verizon store, the said they would not accept the equiptment without an inspection to confirm. After 6 months, and a phone call from me at least every Saturday, a technition arrived and confirmed I lived in a non-accessible area. I tried to return all the equipment andwas told I could not because I had not resolved the issue within the 14 day time limit. I stated all the dates of contact via phone and visits to Verizon store. 40 times I was connected to the managerial staff via phone who promised to refund my money and would allow me to keep the equipment free of charge. By then I had had my landlord install a lan line and with an addition charge to all tenants. I tried to return all the equipment to upgrade accesss to the Verizon Store in Santa Clara, I had the manager on the phone. She promised on or about March 14, 2015, that upon return the case would be closed. I drove to the Santa Clara Store. The store manager denied any such call from Verizon corporate head quarters and refused to take back the equipment. The manager refused to speak to me and intead, a large burly red-headed man came out and started harassing me taunting me to "take it to court. The customers try to do this all the time.
You will not will." Got back on the phone to Verizon customer care manager who could not be located. Continued every Saturday afternoon to resolve the issue would be resolved.
I asked for the information in writing. It was never sent. Oh or about May 11,2015, my phone was shut off due to owing $600 for equipment( I had the iphones appraised at the Apple store, the value was $290.00.) I called the Customer Care Verizon manager and reported the situation. I was told if I paid by phone $280, the cost of a monthly plan, the $600 dollars would be deleted and I could keep the equipment. On June 15, 2015, at 12:10 pm. I realized Verizon had again shut off my phone. I called customer care Manager and was told I had to pay the $600. I needed a phone desperately so I paid the $600 as long as I was mailed emailed, texted confirmation with the condition that I would dispute the matter later when I was not at work. I was put on hold. No call back.
I am seeking full compensation plus maximum damages for pain and suffering, and for lowering my good credit rating of 700 to less than 500.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/15/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
Is there a specific legal question with which I can assist? The only thing I see is the part about regaining your credit rating.
15 June 2015 01:48
On or about August 13, 2014, I upgraded...
I understand the facts, what specific question can I answer for you?