How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald-Esquire Your Own Question
Gerald-Esquire, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 3988
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Gerald-Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in florence sc. in my area their are two electric companies.

Customer Question

i live in florence sc. in my area their are two electric companies. my next door neighbor is a manger at one of them . he has a power linewhich he had lines men attached to my meter. and run to his furnace the same lines men work for both companies.although the electric company that i get my power from said they are only aware of one lin the line men said they upgraded my electric intake. this was done without my knowledge and the tenants that live their are using electric from both power lines. what steps do i have to take to correct this problem. i have made numerous complaints to electric no avail.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.
I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.
In South Carolina the Power Companies are regulated by the Public Service Commission. You can file a complaint with the commission here:
Office of Regulatory Staff
Consumer Services Division *****, Suite 900
Columbia, SC 29201 (###) ###-####
Toll free: 1-***-***-****
TTY: 1-***-***-****
Here is a link to their complaint page:
Their staff should investigate your complaint and require the appropriate power company to take corrective action.
I hope the information I have provided is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.
Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.
If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.
Good luck.
Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you for your reponse.i could not understand the actions by the linesmen untill i was made aware that they worked for both companies and my neighbor who is the owner of the house next door but rents it out has a management position at one of the power companies.
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 2 years ago.
I see you have requested a phone call.
I can do that, but there is an additional charge.
I will send you an additional services offer. If it is acceptable to you click the accept offer button. If not simply reject it and we can continue posting.
Once you accept the additional services you can private post a phone number where I can call you. Also we can arrange a convenient time. Today may be hectic, but I will be available later in the afternoon and evening.
Please note that I can not provide legal advice and I can not enter into an attorney client relationship with you.
Additionally, because I do not want to you to spend money needlessly, I suspect your best bet will be to file the PUC complaint. There may be other options as well. But we can discuss that.
I look forward to speaking with you.
Kind regards,