Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Sears called my home in reference to the renewal of home appliance

Customer Question

sears called my home in reference to the renewal of home appliance protection agreement. I elected to use another company. sears said I owe them $ 900 dollars. I informed sears that I did not want the protection agreement from them and had elected to use another company. sears in turn charged me $90 for the call and since I refuse to pay , my name have been submitted to credit agency for A negative report and I am being refused credit because of the negative report
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What are they charging you for if you did not renew the appliance agreement? Did they come out to your house to service an appliance?