Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I received an order of judgement debtor. I

Customer Question
I received an order for...
I received an order for examination of judgement debtor. I was served on Friday I have court this morning
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/15/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You indeed can file a motion to dismiss for improper service of process. Furthermore, you need to file a motion to vacate the judgment, since you were never served the suit and did not have any opportunity to present your defense in court and have been denied your due process rights.
I am sorry to say that your wish you could file something that "won't require any paperwork and will reverse everything,' is not a reality. You are going to have to file a motion to dismiss the judgment debtor examination first based on the improper service of process. Then you would need to file a motion to vacate judgment for them not serving you with the suit that led to the judgment.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer