Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I am getting screwed by what is supposed to be a friendand…

Customer Question
I am getting screwed by...
I am getting screwed by what is supposed to be a friendand I was wondering is a verbal contract is binding in pa
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/14/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Loren, Lawyer
Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to helping you.
What is the nature of the agreement?
Certain contracts are required to be in writing to be enforceable.
300 bucks a month to rent to own a house and now he wants more money or I am out
This is verbal between what I thought was a frwind
Lease agreements are not required to be in writing. The tenancy created under those circumstances is month to month.
Opps freind
That means that the rent can be raised on one month's notice.
So is it legal for him to tell me to get out
Unfortunately, with the required notice, yes.
Both the landlord and tenant can terminate the tenancy upon notice.
We agreed to 300 a month till it is pay for
Till it was paid for
Until what is paid for?
The property
Did you have something in writing for the sale of the property or was it a rental?
Again it is a verbal contract
Not enforceable as a verbal agreement per the statute of frauds. Land sale contracts must be in writing. Leases can be verbal.
Hell9
Hello
It is a rent to own
yes, the lease part is valid as a month to month tenancy, but the contact for sale is unenforceable.
Any agreement to sell land must be in writing.
So I am screwed how long dose he have to give me to leave
One month
30 days
yes
He said he would give me my monew back so dose he have to or am I screwed there to
I have that in a text massage
Get it in writing. He can not force you to leave without getting an order for possession from the court. If you agree to leave voluntarily he may agree to refund some of your money as part of the settlement.
Just get any promises in writing.
Text message is not sufficient.
Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?
Are you still with me?
If you have no further questions, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.