How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry Esquire Your Own Question
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Licensed in PA & NJ, Experienced attorney.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Dimitry Esquire is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just change cable companies because the like of services

Customer Question

I just change cable companies because the like of services and verbal promises not kept.
They are trying to charge me around 1,000 dollars for leaving. I have only had their services for three months. I am not behind on any payments.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
How can I help, what is your question, specifically?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Comcast cable is charging for canceling their services. What do I do.
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 2 years ago.
My apologies but if there is a cancellation fee, you owe it if you signed the contract. You can ask the company to waive the fee, and see if they agree, but otherwise if you chose to terminate their services early without good cause, you owe the termination fee to the company. Now, if the company failed to provide services that they promised, you may have a good faith basis to argue that they are in breach, but keep in mind that they are only bound by the written promises, not the oral ones. If you have evidence of breach contact the company and point them out. Demand that they waive the charges or you will file complaints with the Attorney General's office over deceptive trade practices. But if you have no reason, you must pay the early termination fee.
Dimitry, Esq.