Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

If a lien filed on a condo by the COA is not pursued within

Customer Question
If a lien filed on...

If a lien filed on a condo by the COA is not pursued within a year and allowed to expire, what are the consequences for the debt owed?

In Florida

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/11/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Just because a lien expires, that does not extinguish the debt itself. The debt is for breach of contract and the statute of limitations for them enforcing breach of contract in FL is 5 years from the date the breach occurred. So the COA has 5 years to sue her for the money.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer