How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 6391
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Got burn on hands and arm while watching a friend work on changing a f

Customer Question

Got burn on hands and arm while watching a friend work on changing a fuel pump
a spark was made and the car caught fire.
The insurance company said their policy don't cover things like that.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.
Welcome! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.
Which and whose insurance policy gave you a denial?
What type of policy was this?
Why did the lawyer tell you to contact another lawyer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the request for a live phone call. However, I am not currently participating in that service. If you want to try another expert, just press the opt out button on your end.
If you want to continue with me, just follow-up with the requested information. This will be a much less expensive route and I believe I will be able to assist you in writing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Insurance carried was Nation wide my daughter carried the insurance full coverage, but the claim was denial the
insurance adjuster said it wasn't cover in the policy . my lawyer suggest I contact the lawyer referral bar association .
and there is a salute o limitations. It happen July 17, 2014.
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.
Got burns on hands and arm while watching a friend work on changing a fuel pump a spark was made and the car caught fire. The insurance company said their policy don't cover things like that.
1. Did your daughter suffer the burns?
2. Is the place where this happened covered by homeowner's insurance?
3. Is the Nationwide policy a car insurance policy on the car that was being worked on?
4. Who owns that car? The person working on it or you daughter?
5. Did this accident happen at a mechanic's shop?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1 No I suffer the burns
2 Don't know it happen in a vacant lot
3 yes the car that was being work on
4 My daughter owns the car
5 No a vacant lot near the road side
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.
Based on what you have stated, it is correct that her auto policy would not cover this type of claim. I was hoping that a homeowner's policy would apply; but that does not appear to be the case either.
There may be a commercial liability policy for the vacant lot, but the claim would likely be denied on the grounds that the owner of the lot was not negligent and/or that you did not have permission to be there.
I know this is not what you wanted to hear but I am assuming you are paying for a professional and honest answer. I wish there was more that could be done here for you. Sorry.
Please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time. You are free to ask related follow-up questions thereafter at no charge. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.
If, for some reason, you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place and still earn a positive rating from you. If you would rather obtain a refund of your deposit, just let me know and I will inform JA on your behalf. Finally, you may request me in the future by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".
Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes for the Summer of 2015 and beyond!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I would like to have a refund of my deposit.
And my rating for you at this time. Good a four star.
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 years ago.
Okay, I will put in the request. Thanks for the positive rating.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions