Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
17897874

On 4/28/15 i went to purchase a truck they took my truck as

Customer Question

on 4/28/15 i went to purchase a truck they took my truck as trade in, now they are telling me that they were unable to get loan financed, want me to sign a new contract at higher interest rate and higher monthly payment. I don't want to do that told them to just give me back my truck they said they can't do that as they have already sold my truck. can they do that force me to sign new contract as i can't have back my truck??
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
No, they may not do this. It is a violation of the consumer protection laws and you can sue them. You can also file a complaint with the Washington State Attorney General.
If they have signed an agreement with you then they need to honor it or return your truck to you.
If you sue them, you may be entitled to attorney fees and punitive damages.
I hope this is helpful. If you have any follow up questions feel free to post them. It is never a problem.
Thank you.