How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Consumer Energy unfairly charged me an extra 2 months

Customer Question

Consumer Energy unfairly charged me an extra 2 months for a cabin in 2014 after I moved out and each month the electricity bill doubled. I was wondering how to go about disputing these charges. I have exhausted all my disputes with them with no results.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they refuse to honor your dispute, your next complaint is to the MI Public Service Commission, who regulates utilities:
If the public service commission cannot resolve the complaint, your next step I am afraid is you will have to sue both Consumer Energy and also the Landlord since the landlord received electricity there and if Consumer Energy is owed money, the landlord owes it not you and the court would order the payment by the proper party.