How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 117372
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Progressive has had my wifes claim a year. After

Customer Question

Progressive has had my wifes claim for over a year. After 2 taped interviews, 60 pages of data and discussions with Police about Fraud committed against my wife, Progressive now wants a deposition or they will drop the case. Whta do we do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
I am not permitted to tell what to do in their specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.
I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I take legal action and win?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can u call?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your follow up.
Can you please provide me with the details about the situation related to your question.
What is the nature of the claim?
Was anyone sued, etc...?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Auto claim
No one sued
Title was forged
A second car was recovered
Police dropped fraud case because they couldn't find signer
Car has new title
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, I do not understand the facts related to your question, so I will opt-out of your question at no charge to you and will open your question to other experts.
Thank you and good luck!
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a different contributor and look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
An insurer under your contract of insurance is liable to settle claims in a reasonable time and the client is liable to cooperate with the insurer in providing all information the insurer requires, including depositions within that reasonable time. A reasonable time is 30-180 days, but 2 years is pushing it and if the insurer is not settling and you have proven you did not commit fraud in this matter by providing them the information necessary, then you need to consider filing a suit against the insurer for breach of contract and bad faith for not settling this claim in a reasonable manner.
You can also file a complaint with the state insurance commission for them not properly paying or resolving claims within the reasonable time as provided by your insurance contract and law.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions