Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I contracted to have my roofs repair and paid 4/5 ths down…

Customer Question
I contracted to have my...
I contracted to have my roofs repair and paid 4/5 ths down in October. The contractor has still not done my roofs. How long is the contract good for and at what point or how do I sue to get my deposit back?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/2/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello, normally the contract would provide a time frame. Absent a time frame, a court would expect work to begin within 30 days at most.
Here, you may now demand immediate refund and then proceed to sue. You may further report contractor to the BBB and attorney general office, and may consider using a consumer lawyer locally, for which martindale.com is an excellent resource!
You may further seek recovery of costs, interest and legal fees. Kindly rate the answer positively.