Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

If your disputing a contract and the company is refusing to…

Customer Question
If your disputing a contract...
If your disputing a contract and the company is refusing to give you any kind of records on the money you have or they are saying you owe without signing a new contract what should I do?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
5/30/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
If the matter is still in the early negotiations phase, or if you have only filed a dispute with the BBB, you do not yet have any mechanism to force them to produce these documents - you can, and should, ask for it, and most businesses will provide it for you.However, if you are in litigation, you can take advantage of the civil discovery process and use Requests for Production of Documents and Things to force them to deliver copies of all relevant documents or records to you.See: http://www.saclaw.org/pages/discovery-topic.aspx and http://www.saclaw.org/Uploads/files/Step-by-Step/SBS-Request-Production.pdf