How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If your disputing a contract and the company is refusing to

Customer Question

If your disputing a contract and the company is refusing to give you any kind of records on the money you have or they are saying you owe without signing a new contract what should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
If the matter is still in the early negotiations phase, or if you have only filed a dispute with the BBB, you do not yet have any mechanism to force them to produce these documents - you can, and should, ask for it, and most businesses will provide it for you.However, if you are in litigation, you can take advantage of the civil discovery process and use Requests for Production of Documents and Things to force them to deliver copies of all relevant documents or records to you.See: and

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions