Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a question about forgery. I used to work

Customer Question
Hello I have a question...
Hello I have a question about forgery. I used to work for Wells Fargo Bank, on May 4th I completed a Credit Card application for a young girl age of 18. Her father was the one approving her to get a credit card. The credit card was in her name and I had met both clients two weeks before, when we discussed the credit card. Her father contacted me two weeks after the initial meeting with the two of them, and stated they would like to set her up with the Credit Card we had discussed. I mentioned to the father, that since she was not present I would have to sign her name on the application. He agreed to me signing. My manager at Wells Fargo was sitting at my desk at the time of the application process and I stated that I would be signing. His response was "yeah go ahead."
The following morning he pulled me into the office and stated he was going to report the issue to HR. He recommended that I resign (in which I did) and said to ignore Investigations he also stated that he would pay me for two weeks after resigning. It has been three weeks since then.
I have now learned that wells fargo band has placed me on a (resigned under special investigations list) and now it is currently preventing me from obtaining any job under the FDIC rule, I also did not receive any of the two weeks pay as promised. I spoke to the WFB investigator today and he stated I committed Forgery. Is this true?
I believe my manager did not want me to speak with investigations to cover his own ass. However I did not realize I was throwing away the last nine years of my employment with Wells Fargo Bank down the drain, as well as not being able to work at any other financial institution. I do not know if there is anything I can do, or where to go at this point? Please help....thank you for taking the time to read all this, and I look forward to your response.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
5/29/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
The answer to this really depends on what definition of forgery they are using. The usual definitions are those used in state law, and you can see those in a convenient format at this lawyer website https://www.criminal-lawyer-colorado.com/colorado-criminal-law-code-of-offenses-by-topical-listing-of-the-categories-of-crimes/016-colorado-criminal-code-offenses-involving-fraud-forgery-simulation-impersonation-and-related-offenses.html
The thing that keeps it from being a forgery is the intent, since you did not have an intent to defraud.
There could still be some other definition they are using or some other way they are trying to make it an "intent to defraud" but I think this is really them just making you the fall guy for something they shouldn't have done, although if the customer was aware I'm not sure why it is such a big deal unless it was somehow picked up by an auditor.
Under these facts you could likely hire lawyer and challenge this going "on your record" but it isn't going to be an inexpensive process since you are essentially going to have to ask the court to issue a declaratory judgment which will require a full trial.
Feel free to ask any follow up questions necessary to clear up anything. I will be offline for a little while but will pick back up and continue when I get back online later tonight.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer