How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a motor home that I owe 19000 dollars on and can only

Customer Question

I have a motor home that I owe 19000 dollars on and can only sell it for 5000 dollars or so ..I know if I default I will have at least 7 years of terrible credit etc. but what other legal action from Bank of America can I expect. Serious medical bills have crushed my financesthank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
If you are in this serious a financial straight, consider filing bankruptcy (it is going to repair your credit far faster than allowing crushing debt to remain against you for years).To enforce their debt, the lender can sue you for breach of contract, get a civil judgment, and then garnish your wages (if you are working), levy on your bank account, and place liens on your personal and real property. If your income and assets are exempt (in most "no asset" cases the majority of your assets are exempt, income from Social Security, disability, and most retirement, is exempt) they cannot collect against these funds.