Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

What's to tell. It's the web site where i booked the vacation.

Customer Question
Included all prices and taxes...
What's to tell. It's the web site where i booked the vacation. Included all prices and taxes and the amount was $2962.66. I took a picture with this because I noticed the price changing before I booked the vacation. After i clicked on the book now....I got a confirmation email saying that my card was charged $3792.20. Very strange. I would've never booked the vacation for that price. I can fax you the picture.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
5/27/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Tina, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Tina, Lawyer
Hello and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
Did you make the purchase by credit or debit card?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.
I see from another thread that you made the purchase by debit card. In that case, I would typically contact your bank right away and dispute the charge, indicating that you agreed to the lesser amount and have a photo of the screen showing your purchase.
The fact that they overcharged you suggests that this may be a scam, so you may wish to determine whether the company has a reliable reputation or not. If not, you may want to dispute the entire charge.
YOu can check on the company by searching the BBB reports to see if there are complaints or other information about them. Here is a link to the BBB's website:
https://www.bbb.org/
I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate my service when I have answered your questions so I will be compensated for my time assisting you. Thank you!
Tina, Lawyer