Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Traded in my vehicle new one a month ago, dealer has

Customer Question
traded in my vehicle for...
traded in my vehicle for a new one a month ago, dealer has still not paid off original loan balance for the old vehicle. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
5/27/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
First try direct negotiations with them - they should do this it is a basic contractual obligation for the dealership.Second - try the BBB, the BBB offers no cost dispute resolution to consumers and while it has no enforcement capability it is usually very good about getting a successful resolution for consumers in these types of situations.Third - if this fails, you can file a breach of contract action with the civil court to sue the dealership.Finally, you can report the dealership to the Attorney General for unfair business practices. The AG does not take action to resolve your dispute, but they can investigate and take enforcement action against the dealership (administrative or criminal action).
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer