How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Traded in my vehicle new one a month ago, dealer has

Customer Question

traded in my vehicle for a new one a month ago, dealer has still not paid off original loan balance for the old vehicle. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
First try direct negotiations with them - they should do this it is a basic contractual obligation for the dealership.Second - try the BBB, the BBB offers no cost dispute resolution to consumers and while it has no enforcement capability it is usually very good about getting a successful resolution for consumers in these types of situations.Third - if this fails, you can file a breach of contract action with the civil court to sue the dealership.Finally, you can report the dealership to the Attorney General for unfair business practices. The AG does not take action to resolve your dispute, but they can investigate and take enforcement action against the dealership (administrative or criminal action).