How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a car payed 1000 dollars down drove it home had to

Customer Question

I bought a car payed 1000 dollars down drove it home had to put money in to car 3 weeks later they pick up the car and tell me they didn't have it financed and refused to return any of my money back can i do anything so right now out 1500 dollars
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Yes, you can report them to the state attorney general (, and sue them in small claims court for breach of contract ( is a type of fraud that is commonly referred to as "yo yo financing" although it usually involves selling the customer a car and letting them take it home, then calling them back to the dealership to force them to renegotiate the deal, it is still illegal.You can also try to get your money back through the BBB (it is faster than a small claims action, and if you are unsuccessful with the BBB you can always file your small claims action afterwards):