How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 118655
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I signed on to a Todden trust and I got a check back from Bank

Customer Question

I signed on to a Todden trust and I got a check back from Bank of America that was for a different account than that I signed on. I have a nephew in the ATF that is very curious about this account even though it is for me, ***** *****, and my niece. His name is***** and he works for the Tyler office of the ATF. I have seen him watching me from a vacant house near where I live in Stamford, Texas. I have had several documents stolen from me. One of the documents had several accounts listed on it. I asked this question last night, and it has disappeared. I have several documents I can add to clarify the situation. It is a Bank of America trust department matter.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Thanks for your information. However, I don't see a specific question about your circumstances. What question can I "justanswer" for you today?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My problem is that I can't get any information about the account as to which checks went where, etc. I keep getting rolled to a mister GIbson at the Bank of America Trust Department. I ask for an accounting of all accounts for which I am listed as a beneficiary and I just can't get one. Here are some documents regarding the matter. It is the account of my late brother Gary L. Petree. Maybe we could work on some sort of percentage of whatever I can recover, because there were a lot more accounts than I have seen.

Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 years ago.
At this time, I will have to reopen this Q&A session to the forum for others to comment. I apologize for the inconvenience, however, I have other commitments in the "real world" that must take precedence at this time. Please do not reply to this message, as it will delay getting another contributor engaged in your Q&A session. Best of luck with your legal dilemma.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am a new contributor as your previous contributor had to leave.

I am afraid we are forbidden by law from representing anyone from this site and can only provide answers to customer questions to help direct them with their issues and matters. If it is representation you are seeking, then I am afraid you need to seek a local attorney to do so.

If you have any specific questions for us, then you can ask them.

What are they telling you at the bank when you go to the bank to inquire about the accounts you are supposed to be receiving a check from as beneficiary? Have you gone there in person?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The image of the check I sent you is actually different than the one I first saw. The first one was for 165.48 and was signed by Julia Markos/Merrill Lynch. Issued from San Antonio as a check from Bank of America. I am still experiencing losses of documents. I will try going to the bank in Abilene with all I have left.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

You need to go in person to the bank and you need to bring the checks and documents you have with you and your ID to prove who you are, this way they can pull up the records on the computer for you. If they refuse, then I am sorry to say the only way left to get the information is filing a lawsuit against the trustee for breach of fiduciary duty and then you can obtain a subpoena and serve the bank with the subpoena to get all of those records. One way or another they know they will have to surrender the information to you legally if you are a beneficiary of those accounts.