Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I was just contacted by a credit card mediation dept to inform

Customer Question

I was just contacted by a credit card mediation dept to inform me that a card I used in 2001 for $350, then I lost my job and didn't pay the card, moved out of that state, says if I don't pay my credit limit that I used in 2001 and never again, will take me to court for total of $3700, this is 14 years ago. Is this legal?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation.
1) Do you even remember this situation back in 2001?
2) What state did you live in at the time?
3) What state do you live in now?
4) What state is the company calling from?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.