Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

There HAS to be a class action lawsuit Ford F150

Customer Question
There HAS to be a...
There HAS to be a class action lawsuit for the Ford F150 "cruise Control Switch failure" as one guy who had the exact problem I had (Car burned up and caught on fire).. I went to YouTube and discovered 20 (at least fires) caused by the cruise control defective
switch. I googled it and got 100 of hits but too much for me to understand which "Class Action" to I put my name in? I know I can file a claim against Ford for product liability but no attorney wants to take them on whenever I called one. My Ford F150 is just
1 model of 10 models of Fords that has with this defective switch as it has been going on since 2005. Mine caught fire and burned my home 1/2 down (and all its contents). Will my insurance company sue Ford? Will they subrogate with Ford? Can I add my name
to their lawsuit if they do sue Ford?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
5/15/2015
Consumer Protection Lawyer: LegalGems, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer
If you google "California class action ford cruise control switch" several attorneys will come up that are collecting information on a class action. I can't link you directly to them because I cannot provide referrals.
United States National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), so that NHTSA receives notice of the incident.
To report a fire incident with any vehicle, visit the website at http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ or http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/ or call 1-888-DASH-2-DOT. By U.S. mail, contact the NHTSA at:
U.S. Department of Transportation
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Office of Defects Investigation
NSA-10.01,***** SW
Washington, DC 20590
Also, the attorney general will often get involved if enough people file a complaint with their office.
https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company
They are authorized to bring class actions or impose fines.
It is likely that the insurance company will sue the manufacturer as they have the resources to participate in long term litigation; subrogation would be expected.
Here is an attorney network for class actions- I am not sure how they are qualified - if the attorneys pay a fee to be in the network, or if certain qualifications are required. This site also notifies people of pending class actions and investigations: http://topclassactions.com/start-a-class-action/
An interested party can intervene in a law suit; it is the judge's decision to determine if that is appropriate: http://basic.cc-courthelp.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Page.ViewPage&pageId=2954
LegalGems
LegalGems
LegalGems, Lawyer